Frequently Asked Questions about The Watercolour Garden
- The classes will be archived, so you can go back and watch any previously posted content at any time as long as you remain an active member.
- You can access all the classes 24 hours a day, anytime and anywhere in the world.
- You can watch the classes on your computer, tablet or phone.
- There is no pressure to do anything in order, you can watch any class as many times as you like and in whatever order.
- The videos are all like my newest YouTube videos, zoomed in and edited nicely but show the full footage and voice over instruction (the best of both worlds).
- New videos are posted every month!
- We will be painting 12 months of birth flowers in 2022
- There are often printable pdf guides to supplement lessons. For example I have made a printable pdf guide for the 3 step method that you can print off with images!
- Prices are in USD, so be sure to check your conversion rate if you are not in the USA
- Once you submit payment you will be able to login to access all of the membership content.
- If you have trouble logging in, you can reach out via this contact form.
- You will have access to The Watercolor Garden content as long as you are an active member in good standing.
- Once you sign up as a member you lock in your rate for all future renewals.
- Even if the price goes up over time you stay at the rate you first signed up with with continued membership.
- There is a 14 day money back guarantee for anyone that signs up for The Watercolour Garden on an annual membership.
- You can cancel your monthly membership at anytime, with no penalties or commitments
- If you want to check out the content or watch specific lessons but do not want to commit for the entire year then the monthly membership is a great option.
- Click here for more info on how to cancel your monthly membership to The Watercolor Garden.
Private Online Community
- The private online community will be hosted on Facebook for the time being, this is an additional option to share and interact with other members, but it is not mandatory to participate in.
- You will receive an invite to join the private FaceBook group via the email you sign up for your membership with.
- You can expect to receive this email within 48 hours of signing up. If you do not receive an email invite within that time frame please reach out via this contact form.
- Members are encouraged to share progress on their own artwork, images of art supplies and images of flowers and plants that they have taken themselves.
Live Monthly Workshops and Artwork Feedback
- The date and time of the group coaching session is posted in the News & Events section at the beginning of each month. Typically the sessions take place near the end of each month.
- You will also get an email with the link to access the Zoom session each month.
- There will be a recorded replay if you miss it, so you can still submit a question via email, even if you are not present for the live session.
- You can join the Zoom session on your computer, or via the app on your tablet or phone.
- If you would like feedback on your artwork and progress you can fill out the submission form and upload an image of your artwork. Laura will give you feedback during the live monthly workshops. You can let her know if you prefer to keep the image of your artwork private or share it with the group.
- Submission forms are linked below video lessons and once sent, you will also receive a copy of your submission.
- Each member can submit one artwork each month for feedback.
- Feedback submissions do not carry over. If you choose not to submit something one month, your submission does not carry over to the next month.
Here are some tips and tricks if you are having trouble logging into Zoom:
- Try to use Chrome as your internet browser, Safari is known not to work well with Zoom (Safari is the default browser on iPad and iPhone, so you will have to install chrome if you are using your iPad).
- You can use the link to log in early before the meeting time to check if you are having any tech difficulties in advance to the start time.
- Please log into The Watercolor Garden and use the link from the Live Monthly Workshop posts to access the Zoom session for each month
- Still having trouble? Check The Watercolor Garden Facebook group as I may post an update right before or during the session if there has been an issue with the access link.
Live Monthly Workshop Formatting and Etiquette:
The goal of creating these 3 formats is to be able to have enough time for everyone to have their questions answered and also to still have time for everyone to take part in a discussion about the Botanical Book Club at the end of the sessions. This will also allow for Laura to create high quality recordings of the sessions, so new and returning students can enjoy the replays of these coaching sessions as well
- The goal of this part of the session is for Laura to demonstrate and teach techniques that will help everyone to improve their outcomes on their paintings
- As well as to provide updates and clarifications on TWG content and website
- Laura will do a painting demo or will be going over TWG updates with the group
- Members are welcome to ask questions by typing them into the chat area during the presentation
- Laura will set aside some time during and after the presentation to answer questions in the chat
- During these portions of the group coaching sessions or workshops please keep your audio on mute
- You can choose whether or not you would like to have your video on, either way is fine :)
- Live painting demos will be a part of the group coaching session if time allows and can be fit in along with the Q & A session.
Q & A style:
- The goal of this part of the session is to answer questions in order to set everyone up for success with their painting practice until the next session
- Laura will first go through and answer all pre-submitted questions (sent via email or submission form)
- Please be sure to send your pre-submitted questions in 24 hours before the session start time to allow time for Laura to prepare the most concise and helpful answer to your question
- If you have not pre-submitted a question then you can ask you question via typing in the chat feature and Laura will get to at the end of the session if time allows
- Please keep your audio on mute during the Q & A portion of the session unless Laura is answering your question and you need clarification
- If you need clarification when Laura is answering your question you can unmute your audio and ask, please be sure to be concise and stay on topic so that there is time to answer everyone's question and complete the rest of the agenda for the session.
Ran out of time but still have more questions? We would love for you to ask your question via a post in our Facebook group!
- This format will most commonly be used for discussions involving the Botanical Book Club material.
- The goal of the botanical book club is to be inspired and share our thoughts on books by illustrators and authors focusing on botany and botanical illustration
- Attendees will be put into smaller groups via "zoom breakout rooms" to discuss Book club topics.
- Once you are in the smaller group choose one person to be the moderator, their job is to keep an eye on the time and make sure everyone gets a chance to share their thoughts
- At the end of the small group session you will be automatically put back into the main group with Laura
- Once back in the main group each group will choose one person (it could be the moderator or someone else) to give a summary of their small group discussion.
- Laura will take into account and mention how much time we have for each presenter to share their group summary and moderate this part of the session.
The Botanical Book Club
- We will have our discussions on the Botanical Book Club (BBC) at the end of our monthly live workshops (formerly called group coaching sessions).
- You are encouraged to post any thoughts you have on the books on our Facebook group page as well!
- If you try a painting out of any of the books for practice we would love to see it!
- You can follow along with any or all of the books posted in the BBC section of The Watercolor Garden.
- They are not required material for anyone but are listed here for inspiration and discussion ideas.
- Laura will periodically add to the book catalogue.
- You can focus on the same book for as long or as little as you like.
- Any of the book in the catalogue can be discussed.